ADA Accessibility

ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act) Services



UPDATE: Public transit passengers with disabilities may request reasonable modifications be made to accommodate their use of public transit.  Requests should be made in written form and submitted to the Manager of Public Transit at 625 Burnell St. Napa, CA 94559.


All vehicles used by the Vine for local and regional transportation services are wheelchair accessible and conform to the standards set by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).  In addition, drivers call out bus stops for passengers who are visually impaired.  Service animals and registered attendants are welcome.

The Vine also provides a free service called Transit Ambassadors which provides a travel buddy to teach individuals everything they need to know to ride the bus.  In addition, a transit ambassador will actually ride around town on the bus with the new rider until they feel comfortable traveling alone.  Participants receive one 30-day bus pass for free.


Discounted Fares (Seniors, Medicare, or people with disabilities):

 - Seniors age 65 or older; if you are buying a discounted Vine bus pass in person, show your ID to verify age. If you would like to purchase Discounted passes online, fill out the application and mail it to 625 Burnell St. Napa, CA 94559 or fax it at (707) 259-8638. 

- Medicare Card Holders;  if you are buying a discounted Vine bus pass in person, you can show your Medicare card to buy a discounted pass. If you would like to purchase Discounted passes online, fill out the application and mail it to 625 Burnell St. Napa, CA 94559 or fax it at (707) 259-8638.

- A person with a disability; if you have a Motor Vehicles disability ID card, you can use it to buy a discounted bus pass or a discounted bus fare. You can also qualify to pay discounted bus fares if you have a Regional Transit Connection Discount Card, or a Medicare Card, just show your card when purchasing the fare or passes.  If you would like to purchase reduced bus passes online, you must first submit an application. You can also fill out the same application if you have a disability but do not have a Medicare Card. 

CLICK HERE to see the fare rates and passes page.

CLICK HERE to download the discounted pass purchase application.


Clipper Card:

A Clipper Card is an all-in-one transit card that keeps track of any passes, discount tickets, ride books and cash value that you load onto it while applying all applicable fares, discounts, and transfer rules. 

You can add value (in the form of both passes and cash value) to your card as you go, or for added convenience, you can set up your card to automatically reload whenever your pass expires or your cash balance falls below $10 or your parking cash balance falls below $40. 

Clipper Cards are accepted in most Transit Agencies in the Bay Area.

CLICK HERE to read more about the Clipper Card. 

Passengers can a use Clipper Card in all the Vine buses. Currently, the Clipper card is not available on the Route 29 to go to the Ferry stop (The Clipper card does work in all the other bus stops on this Route). The Up Valley shuttles (St. Helena Shuttle, Calistoga Shuttle, and the Yountville Trolley) and the American Canyon Transit do not accept Clipper card at the moment. 

Adult Clipper cards are sold at:
  Soscol Gateway Transit Center
  625 Burnell St. Napa, CA 945559
  1685 Trancas St. Napa, CA 94558
  Whole Foods
  3682 Bel Aire Plaza. Napa, CA 94558

  CLICK HERE to see a map of locations. 

  Get a Clipper Card Online HERE.


If you are applying for a Senior Clipper Card:

CLICK HERE to download the application 

CLICK HERE for more information 


If you are applying for a Clipper Card and you have a disability:

You must apply for a Regional Transit Connection (RTC) card.

The RTC Clipper card is a version of Clipper created for passengers under 65* with qualifying disabilities. All disabled customers who wish to receive transit discounts (monthly passes, ride books, tickets, cash value fares) must have an RTC Clipper card. The RTC Clipper Card is a photo identification card. You must apply for an RTC Clipper card in person at a participating transit agency.

*If you are 65 or older and have a qualifying disability, you will not be issued a new or renewal RTC card. Instead, you should apply for a Senior Clipper card, which provides the same transit discounts and does not need to be renewed.

When you receive your card, call Clipper Customer Service at 877.878.8883 to set up an online account. This also will enable Clipper Customer Service to answer questions about your account.

CLICK HERE to download the RTC application. 

CLICK HERE and HERE for more information 

Riders interested in the RTC card can go to the address below to apply in person:

311 Sacramento Street, Vallejo, CA 94590 

707-648-4666 (Applications accepted Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.) 


Some Specifics:

Securing Mobility Devices:  All Wheelchairs and Scooters must be secured.   You may transfer to a seat, or if you remain in your wheelchair or scooter, the driver will also recommend that you are secured with an over the shoulder strap.

Walkers: The driver will secure walkers inside the bus.

Oxygen Units: If you need to travel with an oxygen unit, a portable unit is preferred.  If you have a large oxygen cylinder, it must be transported in a holder on wheels or attached firmly to a manual wheelchair.  

Boarding by the Wheelchair Lift: Passengers who prefer to board the bus using the lift should ask the driver to assist them. 

Service Animals: Some people with disabilities have specially trained service animals to assist them in their daily activities.  Service animals are welcome at all times.  The service animal may travel on the floor beside its owner, or on the owner’s lap.  Animals are not permitted to run free inside the bus, nor sit on bus seats.


Up Valley Shuttles and American Canyon Transit:


All Shuttles Up Valley such as Calistoga Shuttle, St. Helena Shuttle and the Yountville Trolley offer door to door services and are wheelchair accessible. Please call the number below schedule a ride:

- Calistoga Shuttle: (707) 963-4228

CLICK HERE for fares and hours


- St. Helena Shuttle: (707) 963-3007

CLICK HERE for fares and hours


- Yountville Trolley: (707) 312-1509

The Yountville Trolley is free of charge.

CLICK HERE for service hours.


-The American Canyon Transit (ACT):(707) 557-7557. ACT has a fixed route and also provides door to door services. Please call ACT to schedule a pickup.

American Canyon Transit is wheelchair accessible.

CLICK HERE to check out the ACT page.








Vine Go is an origin to destination, shared ride service which provides demand response, door-to-door, transportation to persons with disabilities in the cities of Calistoga, St. Helena, Napa, American Canyon, the Town of Yountville and the unincorporated areas of Napa County. VineGo is the ADA complementary paratransit service to the fixed route operators and runs at times corresponding to the fixed route.

CLICK HERE to go to the Vine Go page.


Comments and Complaints:

Comments and Complaints from the public may be received electronically through our customer service portal. Please use the orange "Contact Us" button on the lefthand side of the page. Select "Submit Ticket". Select "Discrimination (Americans with Disabilities Act) as your category. Prepaid comment cards available in English and Spanish on Vine vehicles, standard written correspondence, testimony at public meetings, and/or via telephone or in-person communication. When complaints are received, NVTA staff and/or contractor will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 24 hours from the time it is received. All complaints should be investigated and resolved within 5 business days. Complaining party shall be notified of the agency’s resolution of the complaint within 5 business days.  NVTA’s contractor shall maintain documentation of all complaints received and their resolution and provide monthly written summaries to be included in the contractor’s monthly invoice to NVTA



ADA Visitors in Napa County:

ADA eligible visitors from outside the Bay Area may also use the VineGo Paratransit service. ADA visitors can contact their paratransit service of their residency and ask to send their ADA service information to VineGo at the fax number of (707) 259-8638. Once VineGo has the information in the database, visitors can use Vine Go with a courtesy period of 30 days of service during any 365 periods beginning with the visitors’ first use of VineGo. If the ADA visitor needs more time than 30 days, they must be formally relocated in the Regional Eligibility Database into the VineGo service area. At this time the invidual must furnish a permanent Napa address.